Comparison Chart Of Metal Building Insulation
How To Insulate A Metal Building - Install Instructions
It's a lot easier and less expensive to install a 5mm roll of Prodex than a bulky 6 inch roll of fiberglass or spray foam. Pinching 6 inches fiberglass between the framing and sheeting is not easy. It's really tough having to use a wire mesh to hold fiberglass in place on an existing building. Spray foam is not DIY friendly.
Prodex Total can be installed before or after your metal sheeting. For fastest and easiest installation, install before applying your sheeting.
New Buildings: lnstall the insulation over your purlins and girts (sandwiching it between the sheeting and the purlins/girts). Existing Buildings: lnstall the insulation on the underside of your purlins and girts. For instructions: Metal building installation methods
More benefits of Prodex Total Insulation
Protects Content From Vapor
Prodex is a class 1 vapor barrier. A vapor barrier (moisture barrier) refers to any material that prevents moisture from passing through the walls or roof of a building. This material can be plastic or better yet, Prodex Total Insulation - 0.2 inch, 5mm closed cell polyethylene foam covered on both sides with reflective reinforced foil facing. Prodex Total Insulation (Vapor Barrier, Class 1. perm<0.1).
Prodex Insulation Prevents Rodents, Bugs and Birds from Nesting
Unlike fiberglass insulation, Prodex does not provide for the nesting of rodents, bugs and birds. Rodents, bugs and birds aren't able to digest the aluminum.
Prodex Total Deadens Sound of Rain and Hail
Metal skin on a building can exaggerate the sound of rain and hail. Prodex has an excellent 19db sound deadening.
Increased Lighting Efficiency
Prodex provides a bright, attractive finish to your building. It reflects the light, making it easier to light the building interior.
How do I know this is a great product?
Prodex Total is ICC-ES recognized. BBB link bottom right of every page. Real-time customer comments on every product page. Independent reviews (bottom right of every page).
To meet the unique insulation requirements of a metal building you need a total insulation system - Prodex Total Insulation = Insulation + Radiant barrier + Vapor barrier + Air Barrier.
Metal Building Insulation Rolls
48 Inch (4 ft. x 175 ft., 700 sq. ft.)
72 Inch (6 ft. x 100 ft., 600 sq. ft.)
Fast Action (4 ft. x 175 ft., 700 sq. ft.). Fast Action is identical to 48 Inch with the exception of having adhesive running 175 ft. on one side of roll. The adhesive is not for attaching the insulation to the surface - It is for sealing the seams. No need for seam tape.
White (4 ft. x 175 ft., 700 sq. ft.)
10M - (4 ft. x 85.3 ft., 341 sq. ft.) Twice as thick as regular Prodex Total.
5 Reasons To Buy Prodex Total Metal Building Insulation
- Independent reviews at Site Jabber. Site Jabber is the leading community of online business reviewers. The community helps consumers find great online business and avoid scams. The community has grown to over 850,000 members and has reviewed over 58,000 online businesses. Site Jabber was developed in part with a grant from the National Science Foundation.
- BBB report. For over 100 years, BBB has set the standard for ethical business behavior. We're proud to maintain an "A to A+" rating. This rating takes into account a company's size in its relation to complaints. We're proud to maintain an "A to A+" rating. We've been accredited since March 15, 2004
- Prodex Insulation Reviews on every product page
- ICC-ES Recognized - ICC-ES is an evaluation service that takes independent test data for a variety of products and analyses it against a uniform Acceptance Criteria that is recognized internationally.
- Over million orders totaling more than 4 billion square feet of insulation sold.
Reviews - What to Believe
Updated October 21, 2018