Insulation For Metal Buildings - Prodex TotaI
STOPS Heat, Cold, Condensation and Air Transfer
Price AND Buy Metal Building Insulation
- Roll Pricing on every product page
- Shipping calculator on every page in blue bar
- For Discount volume pricing or to buy, click the "Order Here or Get A Quote" button above
Metal Building For Sale - Prodex Total
10M Plus: R22, Thickness: 10mm (0.4") closed cell polyethylene foam covered on both sides with reinforced reflective foil.
5M Plus: R17, Thickness: 5mm (0.2") closed cell polyethylene foam covered on both sides with reinforced reflective foil. Included in this Group: 48 inch, Fast Action 48 inch, 72 inch, 24 inch, and 16 inch.
WHITE 5M Plus: R15.3, Thickness: 5mm (0.2") closed cell polyethylene foam with reflective reinforced foil on one side and plastic white finish film on the other side.
Complete Product List and Roll Sizes
Calculate amount of insulation for your building. Calculator also displayed top right on every page of website. Snapshot below.
COMPARING METAL BUILDING INSULATION
Fiberglass, Spray Foam and Bubble vs PRODEX In Steel Buildings
Fiberglass Loses R-value And Cracks In Metal Buildings
Once fiberglass insulation gets wet (and it will get wet, due to condensation) it will lose R-value! Water trapped between fiberglass insulation and the exterior of a building will also cause mold, fungus growth, rust and oxidation - Conditions that will degrade the metal and shorten the service of the structure. In addition, fiberglass insulation does not prevent radiant heat transfer (the primary source of heat-flow in and outside your building).
Take a look at the white vinyl facing the next time you're in a metal building - It will be either sagging, or sagging and flaking. This is due to the added weight of water. Behind the white vinyl is a wet, mold filled blanket that will eventually cause the white vinyl to crack and fall off. At some point, when you're exposed to the toxic fibers, you'll be forced to remove the insulation - Hopefully before it does too much damage to the metal framing. Avoid an insulation that collects moisture, attracts mold, cracks and needs to be replaced. If you insist on using fiberglass, use it in conjunction with Prodex Total, so the Prodex can keep the moisture out of the fiberglass.
The Prodex Total R-value is not affected by humidity. This feature cannot be over emphasized. There will always be some humidity in a metal building and your insulation must work in these conditions.
We repeat! If fiberglass is used as metal building or pole barn insulation rather than Prodex Total, you'll have moisture issues (typically hidden behind facing), Loss of R-value (consequence of the moisture) and heat gain.
Disadvantages of Spray Foam Insulation In Metal Buildings
- High spray foam insulation cost
- It doesn't prevent radiant heat transfer (the primary source of heat transfer into and out of a building - especially metal buildings and pole barns.
- Do it yourself spray foam insulation can't be done by yourself to retrofit an existing building structure because of the chemicals and processes involved.
- Nearly impossible to use in conjunction with another insulation type.
- R-value will diminish slightly with age.
- With the exception of cementite foams, spray foam insulation can release toxic fumes when it burns.
- According to the U.S Environmental Protection Agency, there is insufficient data to accurately assess the potential for exposures to the toxic and environmentally harmful isocyanides which constitute 50% of the material.
- Depending on usage, building codes and environment, most foams require protection with a thermal barrier such as drywall on the interior of the house.
- Can shrink slightly while curing if not applied on a substrate heated to manufacture's recommended temperature.
- Although CFC's are no longer used, many use HCFCs or HFCs as blowing agents. Both are potent greenhouse gases, and HCFCs have some ozone depletion potential.
- Most, such as Polyurethane and Isocyanine insulation, contain hazardous chemicals such as benzene and toluene. These are a potential hazard and environmental concern during ray material production, transport, manufacture and installation.
- Many spray foam insulations are made from petrochemicals and may be a concern for those seeking to reduce the use of fossil fuels and oil.
- Most spray foams require protection from sunlight and solvents.
Bubble Insulation In A Metal Building
Foil Only Single Bubble Double Bubble Prodex Total 5M
Take a look at the photos above. Even if you didn't know anything about double bubble insulation or Prodex Total, which would you choose? The obvious choice is Prodex Total. It has a high quality core that keeps its shape when exposed to forces. Prodex Total 5M plus has a nominal thickness of 5mm (0.2"). Prodex Total 10M is 10mm (0.4"). Both are closed cell polyethylene foam covered on both sides with reflective reinforced foil facing.
Under pressure, the Prodex micro-cells do not collapse -- With a pressure of 6 PSI Prodex compresses just 6%. When the load is relieved it takes back its initial shape. The density of the foam is between 1.25 lb/ft (sq) - 1.87/ft (sq). This gives the material real body.
Because Bubble insulation has a core composed of air rather than closed cell polyethylene foam, it lacks the long-term consistence in performance of Prodex Total.
Buying Metal Building Insulation With Confidence
Independent Reviews at Site Jabber. Site Jabber is the leading destination for customer reviews of businesses. We include their link (bottom right of every page) because they only allow customer reviews.
BBB report. For over 100 years, BBB has set the standard for ethical business behavior. We're proud to maintain an "A to A+" rating. This rating takes into account a company's size in its relation to complaints.
ICC-ES Recognized - ICC-ES is an evaluation service that takes independent test data for a variety of products and analyses it against a uniform Acceptance Criteria that is recognized internationally.
Over a million orders totaling more than 4 billion square feet of insulation sold.
My name is David. I am the Warehouse Manager for Schlossadler Wines, Inc. We are an international boutique wine distributor with a 9,300 sq. ft. warehouse in Oceanside, CA. Approximately one month ago the owner of the company (my boss) came to me with the task of researching, ordering, and installing insulation for the ceiling of the entire building by myself. With limited experience in this particular area under my belt, I accepted the project anyway. I honestly didn't even know where to start. I sent detailed photos along with our information and questions to your sales team. They replied promptly with very easy instructions and recommendations as to "what type" and "how much" product should be ordered to complete our mission. Now, one month and about 200 hours later, my boss is extremely happy, our stock is cool, and I've received a very generous bonus!!
Thanks Insulation4Less, I will definitely spread around the words: "foil-foam-foil!"
Schlossadler Wines, Inc.